Position: Robot Programmer
Job Types: Full-Time
Who Are We:
Ethos Automation builds automated solutions to solve various manufacturing challenges within the automotive industry. It is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) that specializes in the engineering, design, manufacturing, assembly, and programming of automated manufacturing solutions. We deliver turnkey automated systems and retrofits by providing a strong engineering approach in solving a variety of complex manufacturing challenges using automation, robotics, and state of the art technology at its core. Ethos Automation is a company that strongly believes that our people are the greatest assets. Be part of a fast-growing team with a lot of space for growth and professional development.
- Flexibility and 4-day compressed work week
- Employee engagement events
- Room for advancement –professional development opportunities with assisted financial support
- Safety Boot and Tool Allowance
- On site training and mentorship
- Welcome package for all new employees (shirts, sweaters, hats etc.)
- Engaging and diverse workplace environment
To be successful in this role, the idea candidate will possess the following skills/experience:
- Must have 5 years of hands-on experience in programming robots. (Fanuc Robots essential, Kuka and/ or Motoman would ne an asset.
- Previous experience with Fanuc Karel or Pascal Programming language
- Experience in robotic servo resistance welding, arc welding and material handling is required
- Excellent understanding of robotic coordinate systems
- Some exposure to offline simulation
- Working knowledge of communication protocols (EtherNet, and Profinet, etc.)
- Good understanding of robot program flow and programming theories
- Good understanding robot safety set-up familiar and programming theories
- Good understanding robot safety setup, familiar CSA Z434 and RIA robotic safety standards
- Computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCad
- Excellent mathematical and organizational skills
- Support existing and develop new robot templates and platforms
- Setup structure for robot programs and overall architecture
- Program robot paths, set-up program structure and implement offline programming.
- Configure robot IO, weld interface and program call
- Anticipate and solve robotic problems (Troubleshoot)
- Work closely with Project Manager regarding projects, monitoring workload and deadlines
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and specifications
- Development of PLC, Robot and HMI Programs offline using custom electrical design and mechanical drawings for reference
- Set-up and configuration of network architecture between devices and supporting equipment
- Work in collaboration with Project Managers, Project leads, Mechanical Designer, Machine tool builder, and electricians to successfully complete projects and on budget
Experience and Education:
- Diploma in Mechatronics; Automation and Robotics Technician; Robotics and Industrial Automation or similar applicable course.
- 2+ years of experience within the custom automation sector.
- Must have strong professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
- Must have a valid passport and be eligible for travel.